Cigarette Butt Dataset & Trained Weights
This dataset consists of a set of 2200 synthetically composed images of cigarettes on the ground. It is designed for training CNNs (convolutional neural networks).
- Annotations: Segmented, object-detection COCO format with custom categories. For more info, check out http://cocodataset.org/#format-data
- Composition: Images were composed automatically with custom code utilizing the Python Imaging Library to apply random scale, rotation, brightness, etc to the foreground cutouts
- Location: Photos of the ground and cigarette butts were taken in Austin, Texas
- Camera: iPhone 8, original pixel resolution 3024 x 4032
The trained weights were created with this source code. (You can download the weights separately from the dataset)
Immersive Limit Tutorial: Using Mask R-CNN with a Custom COCO-like Dataset
License Agreement & Download
You must read and accept the terms of the Non-Commercial, Educational License Agreement to download and use this content.
In essence it says:
- You may only use the content for non-commercial research and educational purposes.
- If you share the content, you must attribute Adam Kelly and include a link to www.immersivelimit.com (or a specific sub-page)
- There is no warranty or liability